Hello, everyone! As fall is rolling in and the weather gets cooler, taking care of our hair is especially important. During fall, my hair is dryer than in summer, and I find that I don't need to wash my hair as often. Today, I am going to share with you my curly hair routine and favorite products for keeping my curls moisturized and intact!
For me, a good hair day always starts with a wash! I will use either one of my two favorite conditioners (or, sometimes, both!), the Pantene curl perfection, or OGX coconut milk. Personally, my hair only gets worse with shampoo so I almost never use it, but if you choose to shampoo first, that's totally up to you! Both of these conditioners smell amazing (especially the coconut one!) and make my curls soft and moisturized. Next, I like to comb my hair with a wide tooth comb while my conditioner is still in my hair so that it combs through easier. This also reduces the amount of hair pulled out. Finally, I part my hair and then wrap it in my hair turban. I do this by putting the towel on like a hood and then twisting the bottom, so that my hair remains down (as opposed to flipping my head upside down and moving my hair to the front). This will help to keep the part in place and make styling my hair easier (**I do this when I plan on wearing all or most of my hair down. If I were doing a high ponytail, for example, I would dry my hair upside down). I leave the towel on for about 5 minutes, but this can change depending on the length and thickness of your hair. Just try to dry your hair long enough so that it isn't dripping, but not so long that it isn't damp.
1. Marc Anthony: Strictly Curls
2. Argan Magic: Split Ends Repair Cream
3. Viva Curl: Whipped Coconut Leave-in Conditioner
4. Catwalk: Curls Rock Amplifier
1. I use this product to give my hair that "wet" look and keep my curls moisturized throughout the day. Pro: this product lasts all day! Cons: Can make hair crunchy if too much is applied, must be washed out.
2. I use this product on my ends to keep them from drying out or becoming worse. Pros: Smells nice, hair soaks it up and I don't have to wash it out. Also, keeps my flyaways down! Con: Will not repair split ends.
3. I like to mix this product with the curl cream and apply them at the same time. Pro: Helps to keep my hair moisturized all day. Makes my hair appear healthier and gives it shine. Does not have to be washed out! Con: none
4. I like to use this product specifically on my straight ends to make them curl again. I show you how I use it below!
In this first photo, my ends are too long which makes one side of my hair appear longer than the other! I add some of my Curls Rock Amplifier to my hands, scrunch them up, and my ends are curled again *phew. Pros: Curls last and it works! Cons: Product is a little sticky on your hands.
That's it! Okay, it seems like a lot, but really it takes ten minutes including drying time. What's your favorite hair product? I'd love to try something new!